Our 2" thick ground grid is perfect for all sorts of projects. From landscaping to light load pads... we recommend 2" geo grid for just pedestrian only. 4" and 8" Geo Grid would be for parking spaces, driveways and anything that needs to withhold a heavy driving load. Made from polyethylene material which lasts the test of time, and will hold any type of aggregate or filling you desire to fill it with. Easy to install.
Article ............... NP-G8750
Material ............ Modified Polyethylene
Coverage ......... 160 SQ FT
Dimensions ...... 9FT x 17FT
- Durable Material
- 1885 LBS / SQ FT - Tensile Strength
- Perforated Material
- Dense for easy installation.
Geo Grid Installation
1. Fully stretch out the geo grid in installation area before anchoring, making sure the size is what you wish it to be.
2. If there is any excess area please trim BUT make sure you keep the geo grid cells fully intact if you are filling them. To trim, use some good solid scissors, or hedge sheers. The geo grid is very easy to cut / trim.
3. Start by anchoring down one of the full length sides. Anchor each cell down strong. You will be using this area to pull and stretch the rest of the grid.
4. Anchor down next side (NOT the opposing side of the grid). Working your way around and fully stretching and anchoring down the entire border of the grid.
5. Once the grid is fully stretched and anchored down (the entire perimeter). Make sure all is tight and firm. This is the KEY POINT in the installation process as you don't want loose sections holding your gravel or grid.
6. The fill ... you can dump and pour directly on the grid. Spreading out as you go along. If you have a long driveway installation, you can dump the first load with bobcat - then immediately drive on it , to continue dumping your fill and spreading it out! Very easy to fill.
7. Overfill - If you wish to overfill your geo grid this is always completely fine. However we recommend only 1 to 2 inches of overfill. And do keep in mind that whatever gravel is over the grid. Its considered loose gravel. And does not fall into the erosion protection of the geo grid cells.
8. Pack and finish - usually just driving on the filled grid will pack it down enough over time. However feel free to hand tamp or roll over if you wish as well!
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can this product be cut for different shape and size applications ?
Yes absolutely! Very simple to cut. Obviously however, just make sure when you cut you dont cut cells open and try to fill in open cells. Keep the cells of the grid completely intacked to fill. Thank you very much for your question.
Would the 2 inch grid support a horse Do you recommend 4 inch for use for slopping horse trail
So when it comes to the grid, its not the "grid" that is going to support anything, the geo grid is to make sure the aggregate or "filler" does not go anywhere.... just wanted to make that clear. Its a stability control mechanism so you dont have muddy areas or erosion. What it comes down to really is the gravel and fill. We recommend using the 4" geo grid for any horse paddocks or walking areas. Its not about the material, its about the mass within the larger cells. Let us know if you have any other questions, and you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a gravel drive that is always washing out with heavy rain. Rain water runs down a hill from blacktop road about 1/2 mile and down our drive down hill for about 300 feet. Would I be able to use this to stop and divert the water with out it washing out?
Would recommend the 4" geo grid for that, you are going to want more weight / mass within the cells to divert water - water being very powerfull force.. you need more resistance. Thank you for your question.
What do you recommend cutting/sizing the grid with?
Honestly the easiest way is a good pair of scissors - utility knife works very well also. Thank you
What is the Warranty on the Geo Grid?
With the Geo Grid - as well as the easypave grid - we have a lifetime warranty on them... as long as they are used as directed - 2" geo grid for walking paths / gardens, 4" geo and 8" geo for retaining and errosion control , and EasyPave for parking lots , driveways, as well as stability control. Thank you for your question.
What do you recommend to restrain the grid while stretching? Do we leave them in place?
You would use our Geo Grid Anchors! which stay in the grid after installation. Thank you for your question.
What type of stone do you recommend for a walking path?
With the 2" geo grid - if you are using this for a walking path - we recommend 3/4 crushed gravel - thank you
What is the size of each grid segment?
Each unit is 9ft x 17ft . Thank you for your question
Can a truckr or tractor drive on this without gravel while filling it?
Short answer is yes... however it will not support the truck obviously if its not filled. It will just fold over. It wont break or crack or ruin the grid. But of course we recommend filling then driving if that option is possible. If not, you will be fine driving over it empty. Thank you for your question.