Geo / Ground Grid Installation
Thank you for purchasing, Standartparks cutting edge Geo / Ground Grid. Our grid is one of a kind for many reasons. Its a dense and flexible polyethylene material rather than a textile fabric, and will hold up to just about whatever you want to drive on or do with. So first let us answer a couple of FAQ's.
1. Yes, you can cut to size, just always make sure you are just filling the cells with the material, not the open cells.
2. Yes this is perfect for driveway, parking lots, and gardens. Even heavy duty vehicles are good with this fabric.
3. You can use any type of material you want, from dirt, to fine pea gravel to heavy rocks. Thanks to the polyethylene material.
4. Yes, you can connect theses grids together during installation, again, just make sure the cells add up together.
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Firstly, make sure you prep your ground. If you want to use sand, gravel, etc etc, just make sure its compacted tightly before laying the grid down. You want to make sure to do this step correctly, the top and layout of the project will depend on that if you want an evenly spread system.
2. Stretch out geo grid to size. You can anchor them down using anchors, you can even attach the grids as well. The grid does not need to be fully stretched. if you don't need or want it to be. This again, is due to the polyethylene material being strong. So customize it the way you want.
3. When you pour your material, start at one corner and work your way out. Pack down 75% tightly while doing this. Take your time, even it out, and make sure it looks good. We recommend about 1/2 to 1 inch above the grid at this point.
4. Pack tightly. Take a hand tamper to pack your material, add material as you wish if you start seeing the grid, but make sure you have a tightly packed geo grid. This helps long life span and great look. And thats it! See below for more information.